|Mon – Sat||09:30 AM - 01:30 PM
05:00 PM - 08:00 PM
|Sun||09:30 AM - 01:30 PM|
What is Acne?
Acne is a long-term skin disease that occurs when hair follicles are clogged with dead skin cells and oil from the skin. It is characterized by blackheads or whiteheads, pimples, oily skin, and possible scarring.It primarily affects areas of the skin with a relatively high number of oil glands, including the face, upper part of the chest, and back. It is very common in young people.
Signs and symptoms
Typical features of acne include increased secretion of oily sebum by the skin,resulting in:
- nodules (large papules)
- pustules, and often results in scarring.
The appearance of acne varies with skin color. It may result in psychological and social problems.
- Genes.The predisposition to acne for specific individuals is likely explained by a genetic factors inherited in the family
- Hormones:Hormonal activity that occurs during menstrual cycles and puberty, may contribute to the formation of acne. During puberty,One of the most important causes is the increase in the male hormones (androgens) that occurs in boys as well as girls during puberty. These hormones cause an increased production of sebum (oil) and hence result in acne.Medical conditions that commonly cause a high-androgen state is polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOD)
- Infections: in some Casesthe anaerobic bacterial species Propionibacterium acnes contributes to the development of acne
- Dieteating greasy and oily food make increase acne severity. Foods rich in vitamin C and antioxidants should be included in the diet
- Stress avoid stress has it can disturb your hormonal balance , later can lead to new outbursts
- Environmental factors moving around in direct sun, travelling in a highly polluted area can lead to increase secretion of sebum and increase acne
Types of acne
Following are the common types of Acne:
- Acne vulgaris
- Acne rosacea
- Acne conglobata
- Acne cosmetica
- Acne fulminans
Excellent. Homeopathic medicines remove the root cause producing the acne. It helps in following ways:
- Controlling excessive oil formation
- Balancing the underlying Hormonal disturbance
- Controls scar formation
- controlling tendency to scar formation
- Controlling tendency to acne formation