|Mon – Sat||09:30 AM - 01:30 PM
05:00 PM - 08:00 PM
|Sun||09:30 AM - 01:30 PM|
What is Cervical Spondylitis?
It is commonly called arthritis of neck(cervical osteoarthritis). It is a condition involving changes to the bones, discs, and joints of the neck. These changes are caused by the normal wear-and-tear of aging. With age, the discs of the cervical spine gradually break down, lose fluid, and become stiffer. Cervical spondylosis usually occurs in middle-aged and elderly people.
Bony spur (outgrowth of bone) they are the result of body trying to grow extra bone to make spine stronger
Dehydrated spinal disc:our spine has cushion like disc between the vertebrae that absorb shock of lifting,twisting and other activities.the gel like material in this, can dry out overtime .this usually occurs in 30’s
Overuse:excessive straining,lifting weight ,continued neck exertion can lead to overuse of spine and aging
Injury: If you’ve had an injury to your neck (during a fall or car accident, for example), this can accelerate the aging process
Ligament stiffness: there are ligaments(tough cords) that connect over spinal bones to each other that can become stiff overtime
Most people with cervical spondylosis don’t have significant symptoms. If symptoms do occur, they can range from mild to severe and may develop gradually or occur suddenly.
One common symptom is pain around the shoulder blade. Some complain of pain along the arm and in the fingers. The pain might increase when:
- which is the loss of all hair on the scalp
- tilting your neck backward
Another common symptom is muscle weakness. Muscle weakness makes it hard to lift the arms or grasp objects firmly.
Other signs include
- a stiff neck that becomes worse
- headaches that mostly occur in the back of the head
- tingling or numbness that mainly affects the shoulders and arms, although it can also occur in the legs
How homeopathy helps?
- excellent in reducing pain and stiffness
- helps in reducing inflammation
- improves tingling and numbness caused by nerve compression
- no side effects
- no need of taking any pain killer for long time