|Mon – Sat
|09:30 AM - 01:30 PM
05:00 PM - 08:00 PM
|09:30 AM - 01:30 PM
What is Gastritis?
An inflammation, irritation, or erosion of the lining of the stomach is called Gastritis. Nowadays gastritis is very very common because of the stressful, long working and modern lifestyle.
It can occur suddenly (acute) or gradually (chronic).
What Causes Gastritis?
Gastritis is caused by irritation to the normal stomach lining.
This can be due to
- excessive alcohol use
- chronic vomiting
- constant, prolonged ,emotional as well as physical stress
- long term use of certain medications such as aspirin or other anti-inflammatory drugs.
It may also be caused by any of the following:
- Infection -Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori): it is a type of bacteria that enter in the body and live in your digestive tract.it later enterin the mucous lining of the stomach; it slowly and gradually invades the lining of stomach, this infection can later lead to ulcers( peptic ulcer) and in some people, stomach cancer can also occur
- Bile reflux: bile is a normal secretion from liver for the purpose of digestion.A backflow of bile into the stomach from the bile tract (that connects to the liver and gallbladder) causes a reflux called bile reflux
- Other Infections caused by bacteria and viruses
If gastritis is left untreated, it can lead to a severe loss of blood and may increase the risk of developing stomach cancer.
What Are the Symptoms of Gastritis?
Symptoms of gastritis vary among individuals, and in many people there are no symptoms. However, the most common symptoms include:
- Pain and burning in upper abdomen or chest region
- Nausea or recurrent upset stomach
- Bloating of abdomen
- Abdominal pain
- Vomiting of food contents or bile contents
- Indigestion with a constant sensation of fullness and heaviness in stomach
- loss of appetite
- Vomiting blood or coffee ground-like material
- Black or dark brownish colored stools
How homeopathy helps?
Homeopathy is very strongly recommended for gastritis (acute, chronic and recurring). Homeopathy manages gastritis effectively, gently and safely