Uterine fibroids (also called leiomyomas) are growths made up of the muscle and connective tissue from the wall of the uterus. These growths are usually not cancerous (benign).
Uterus is an upside down pear-shaped organ in the pelvis. The normal size of your uterus is similar to a lemon. It’s also called the womb and it’s the place where a baby grows and develops during pregnancy.
Fibroids can grow as a single nodule (one growth) or in a cluster. Fibroid clusters can range in size from 1 mm to more than 20 cm (8 inches) in diameter or even larger. These growths can develop within the wall of the uterus, inside the main cavity of the organ or even on the outer surface. Fibroids can vary in size, number and location within and on the uterus. (urticaria homeopathic medicine)
Type of fibroids
The type of fibroid a woman develops depends on its location in or on the uterus.
Intramural fibroids Intramural fibroids are the most common type of fibroid. These types appear within the muscular wall of the uterus. Intramural fibroids may grow larger and can stretch the womb.
Subserosal fibroids: Subserosal fibroids form on the outer lining of the uterus, which is called the serosa. They may grow large enough to make womb appear bigger on one side (homeopathy medicine for hair fall)
Pedunculated fibroids Subserosal tumors can develop a stem, a slender base that supports the tumor. When they do, they’re known as pedunculated fibroids.
Submucosal fibroids These types of tumors develop in the middle muscle layer, or myometrium, of the uterus. Submucosal tumors are uncommon. (grade 1 prostatomegaly)
Uterine fibroids mainly affect women around the age of 30–40 years. By the age of 50 Approximately 40 to 80% women have fibroids.
The causes of fibroids are not known.
Risk Factors for fibroids are as follows
2. Family history of fibroids.
3. Not having children.
4. Early onset of menstruation
5. Late age for menopause.
Sign and symptoms
Small fibroids do not cause any symptoms. Larger fibroids can cause variety of symptoms, including:
1. Excessive or painful bleeding during the period (menstruation).
2. Bleeding between periods.
3. A feeling of fullness in the lower abdomen/bloating.
4. Frequent urination (this can happen when a fibroid puts pressure on the bladder).
5. Pain during sex.
6. Low back pain.
8. Chronic vaginal discharge.
9. Inability to urinate or completely empty bladder.
The symptoms of uterine fibroids usually stabilize or go away after menopause because levels of estrogen decline within body.
History of heavy bleeding and other related symptoms may alert you to consider fibroids as a part of the diagnosis. There are several tests that can be done to confirm fibroids and determine their size and location. (homeopathy benefits)
1 Ultrasonography: This non-invasive imaging test creates a picture of internal organs with sound waves
Usually ultrasonography is sufficient to diagnose the fibroids. Further imaging may include the following-
2 MRI: This test creates detailed images of internal organs by using magnets and radio waves. 3 CT: A CT scan uses X-ray images to make a detailed image of internal organs from several angles (Best Female Doctor in Jaipur).
5 Hysterosalpingography (HSG)
Homeopathy can help manage the symptoms of uterine fibroids as well as dissolve them. The time taken for recovery depends on the size of the fibroid and intensity of symptoms. Constitutional Homeopathic medicines work wonders when given according to the susceptibility of the patient after a detailed history taking.
Therapeutic indications of some Homeopathic medicines for fibroids are as follows
1. Calcarea Carb – For heavy periods from uterine fibroids with thick, milky white leucorrhea. Desire for indigestible things is also an indication for this medicine.
2. Belladonna and Sepia Officinalis – For uterine fibroids where menses are painful.
3. Ustilago Maydis – For uterine fibroids with dark menstrual bleeding.
4. Sabina Officinalis – For uterine fibroids where clots pass with menstrual blood.
5. Kali Carbonicum – For uterine fibroids with back pain during menses.
6. Erigeron Canadensis – For frequent urination in case of uterine fibroids.
7. China Officinalis and Ferrum Met – For uterine fibroids with heavy bleeding and Anemia.
8. Thlaspi Bursa Pastoris – For uterine fibroids with prolonged menses.
1. Maintain weight within normal range .
2. Avoid smoking and alcohol.
3. Eat plenty of plant based raw diet(Green leafy vegetables, seasonal fruits, mix vegetable salad).
4. Incorporate yoga and meditation in your daily routine.(homeo doctor near me)