Definition: SEBORRHEIC DERMATITIS is a Chronic Skin Disease. It mainly occur on that area of skin which are rich in sebaceous gland i.e. Oily Skin.
DERMATITIS – means inflammation of skin.
Pityriasis capitis – it is a kind of dandruff which is a mild form of SEBORRHEIC dermatitis.
CAUSES OF SEBORRHEIC DERMATITIS
- It remains unknown cause.
- Stress, dry or cold climate, Oily skin, using alcohol based lotion.
- It may cause by infected yeast like fungus i.e. MALASSEZIA FURFUR
- Increased level of Androgen hormone.
- Increased level of skin lipid.
- An inflammatory reaction.
- Family history of dermatitis.
- It does not cause any serious harm to the body, not contagious.
- Its presence means skin is unclean and infected.
- Itchy white flakes of skin on the scalp.
- When scratched the flakes come loose with red scales on scalp.
- Excessive itching with redness and scratching bleed easily.
- Scaly redness on the edges of eyelids leading to Blepharitis.
- Thick scales on both sides of the face leading to Pinkish plaque.
Homeopathy is a very effective form of medicine used for the treatment of dermatitis and there are homeopathic remedies for all types of dermatitis conditions. Not just the symptoms but the entire disease are cured of its roots by using homeopathy medicines.
Homeopathic treatment is effective in stabilizing the health of an individual, affected by Seborrheic dermatitis. Homeopathy medicines will be prescribed on the basis of the cause or etiology of the disease or clinical condition i.e. sign and Symptoms.
Here are a few Homeopathic remedies that help in the treatment of Seborrheic Dermatitis and thus, reducing the intensity of symptoms:
Top 5 Homeopathic remedies for Seborrheic dermatitis:
1. Kali Sulphuricum:
- It is applicable to the later stages of inflammation.
- Its prominent symptom is yellowish flakes on the scalp which are sticky in nature and moist scalp with itching.
- Burning itching with papular eruptions.
- Ringworm-like eruption on scalp or beard with scales.
- Complaints worsened by heat and getting relief by cold application.
- Dermatitis with intolerable itching with chillines.
- Ulcerative eruption on scalp that leads to itching and burning sensation.
- Scalp surrounded by vesicular eruption and shining, fiery red patches on scalp with excessive itching.
- Eruption ulcerates and form thick scans under which purulent matter exudes.
- Complaints worse on cold air, touch, night.
- Round, hard, persistent dryness on the affected site of the scalp.
- Eruption oozing out a sticky exudation.
- Unhealthy skin every little injury suppurates.
- Ulcerative eruption occurs on the scalp, discharging a glutinous fluid, thin and sticky.
- Scalp dry with excessive itching, scratching causes burning.
- Due to dryness of scalp leading to falling of hairs.
- Dry scaly eruption with unhealthy skin, every little injury suppurates.
- Complaints worse after washing and scratching. .
- Constant heat on the top of my head.
- Scalp becomes moist, itchy and burns esp. at night.
- Thick, greenish crusts, burning and itching with redness, raw and bleed easily
- Scalp dry very sensitive, rough and cracked, leathery.
- Slightest scratch makes the skin suppurate.
- Complaints get worse in winter.
1 thought on “Is Seborrheic Dermatitis Dandruff or Disease?”
It’s remɑrkable to go to see this web page and reading the views of alⅼ mates
regarding this paragraph, ᴡhiⅼe I am alsօ keen of getting familiarity.