Having pain in the right upper quadrant of the abdomen? Having pain after a rich meal?
Gallstones may be the cause.
Gallbladder is a small, pear-shaped organ on the right side of the abdomen, just beneath the liver.
Gallstones are hardened deposits of digestive fluid.
Gallbladder stores and releases bile, a fluid made in the liver, to help in digestion. Bile also carries wastes like cholesterol and bilirubin, which the body makes when it breaks down red blood cells. These things can form gall stones.
Gall stones can range from the size of a grain of sand to that of a golf ball( homeopathy hospital near me) .
1. Cholesterol stones- These are usually yellow-green. They’re the most common, making up 80% of gallstones.
2. Pigment stones- These are smaller and darker. They’re made of bilirubin.
1. Excess cholesterol in bile. Normally, bile contains enough chemicals to dissolve the cholesterol excreted by the liver. But if the liver excretes more cholesterol than bile can dissolve, the excess cholesterol may form stones.
2. Excess bilirubin in bile. Bilirubin is a chemical that’s produced when the body breaks down red blood cells. Certain conditions cause the liver to make too much bilirubin, including liver cirrhosis, biliary tract infections and certain blood disorders. The excess bilirubin contributes to gallstone formation.
3. Improper gallbladder emptying. If gallbladder doesn’t empty completely or often enough, bile may become very concentrated, contributing to the formation of gallstones (homeopathic medicine for kidney stone ) .
1. Risk is high in females.
3. Sedentary lifestyle 4. Pregnancy
5. High-fat diet
6. Low-fiber diet
7. Family history of gallstones
9. Blood disorders, such as sickle cell anemia or leukemia
10. Medications that contain estrogens, such as oral contraceptives or
hormone therapy drugs
11. Liver disease.
The majority of people with gallstones never know they have them and have no symptoms. These are called “silent gallstones”.
Gallstone attacks often occur after eating a meal. Symptoms are
∙ Pain in the upper abdomen and upper back. The pain may last for several hours (Biliary colic).
∙ Nausea and Vomiting
∙ Bloating of abdomen
∙ Other gastrointestinal problems, including bloating, indigestion and heartburn, and gas
For a small number of people, gallstones can cause more serious problems if they obstruct the flow of bile for longer periods or move into other organs (such as the pancreas or small bowel).
∙ More persistent abdominal pain
∙ Yellowing of the skin and whites of the eyes (jaundice) ∙ Itching of the skin
∙ Confusion of mind
∙ Loss of appetite
Ultrasound: It’s usually all that’s needed to locate gallstones. MRCP: Magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) is a type of MRI that specifically visualizes the bile ducts. It’s non-invasive and creates very clear images of the biliary system, including the common bile duct.
ERCP: ERCP stands for Endoscopic retrograde cholangio pancreaticography. It uses a combination of X-rays and endoscopy, which means passing a tiny camera on the end of a long tube down the throat and into the upper GI tract.It can also be used to remove stones from the ducts if they are stuck there.
Homeopathic medicines are useful for alleviating the pain of biliary colic as well as for the long-term management of gallstones. Homeopathic constitutional medicines promote the bodily mechanisms to correct the metabolic errors in cholesterol and bilirubin metabolism. Thus, it prevents the progress of disease and helps in dissolving the preformed stones.
Constitutional treatment is the permanent cure for Gall Stones (homeopathic medicine for kidney stone) . Therapeutic indications of some Homeopathic Medicines in Gallstones
1. Calcarea carbonica- Gall stones due to obesity in persons who have family history of gall stones.
2. Chelidonium- Pain in right upper quadrant of abdomen spreading to right shoulder blade.
3. Carduus marianus- Biliary colic with fullness and soreness. 4. Phosphorus- For gall stones with sour belching and
5. Lycopodium- For gall stones with bloating and flatulent abdomen.
6. Nux Vomica- Constant nausea aftereating. Feels as if get better from vomiting.
1. Inflammation of the gallbladder
2. Blockage of the common bile duct.
3. Blockage of the pancreatic duct.
4. Gallbladder cancer
∙ Limit fried and fast foods.
∙ Replace red meat with fish.
∙ High-fiber Diet